Saturday, July 3, 2010

Camp!

Can I just say that at 27 years old I have been to camp, but never in the way that I'm about to go to camp tomorrow. I should be finishing packing and going to sleep, but instead I felt that I would share what I'm about to do.

Tomorrow I will be leaving for a 6 day adventure not too far from home, but definitely far from my comfort zone. I'm not afraid to admit that I like the comfort of my little apartment and the easy ins and outs of the day, so I feel totally nervous, yet excited to embark on something that I know will change my life!

Ian has been a counselor at this camp for abused and neglected (mostly foster) children for about 6 years (http://www.royalfamilyportland.org/) and when we got married he jokingly said "your turn next year." I kind of thought, hmm...we'll see about that!" But here we are! I am fully prepared to have my world rocked!!

So, for now, the sleeping bag is in the big garbage bag (reminds me of Twin Rocks Friends Camp) and we're off bright and early! Please send up lots of prayers for the Crarys this week and stay tuned for all the fun stories when we get home! HAPPY 4th!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment