Friday, July 16, 2010

Camp follow up

Royal Family Kids Camp totally changed my life. After being so apprehensive about going, all it took was the yellow school bus full of smiling kids to pull up, and in the first 10 minutes and I was hooked.

Our days consisted of a very tight and full schedule of one on one time with our camper. My camper was the sweetest, brightest 11 year old on the planet. She taught me so much joy in 5 days. Her testimony in life (18 foster families, abuse and neglect) made me cry, but watching her joy amazed me!

I slept in a tent on a cot all week. At 6:30 in the morning on Wednesday I jumped in a lake with all my clothes on for the "Polar Bear Swim" with Ian. I lived on 4-5 hours of sleep a night and I made some forever friends. I was able to watch my husband mentor an 8 year old boy all week and serve along side of him. That was THE BEST!

Most of all, I learned how to step outside of the box and a whole new meaning of unconditional love! God rescues and restores and my little girl taught me this. Thank you sweetheart and thank you God for showing me a whole new part of life! I am happy to be a part of the RFKC family forever!!!!!!

Below are some pictures...we aren't allowed to have pictures of the kids online, but trust me...we had a BLAST!






2 comments:

  1. Yay Brittney!! So glad it was a life-changing experience for you and I know you definitely touched the life of that little girl. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh so great! The lives of abused/neglected children breaks your heart, doesn't it? I am so glad you were able to work with the kids and I can't wait to see how God uses you in the future with similar kiddos. Your little girl was so lucky to have you! I bet you CHANGED her life in more ways than you'll ever know. :)

    ReplyDelete