Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd!

This second day of November has very special meaning to me for a couple of reasons now. I'd like to take the time to reminisce because it makes me smile.

Three years ago today I was SOOOOOO nervous. I was pacing around the house and modeling different outfits for my parents. "Should I wear the purple shirt or the green shirt?" Yes folks, we are talking about my first date with Mr. Ian Crary.

He picked me up and right away I noticed he was playing The Fray (he CARES about music and so do I). We did not end up at PF Chang's as I thought we would, but instead we went to Macaroni Grill. I learned that Ian has to cut bread with a knife (instead of ripping it with his fingers like I do), and that neither one of us likes tomatoes. We could barely eat (meals that we can now, gladly finish). Ian talked a lot, and at some points I wondered if he was going to ask me any questions (nerves).

Our next move was to the movie theater to see a horrible movie that I won't mention, but we will always know what it was. At least it's a good joke huh?

We tried to go to Peet's, but they closed on us after 15 min and then we went to Starbucks, but they closed on us too. The next best, non-closing option was my parent's house to talk into the wee hours of the morning. I knew after that first date that I wanted so spend a lot more time with this guy.

Flash Forward to a year later and it's another date to celebrate...our 1 year anniversary!!

It started off with church and then lunch at Cheesecake Factory (my decision). At brunch, I received a gift of a massage and found out that I was getting it right at that moment.

I was then told to go home and get ready for a fancy evening out...oh look, I just happened to have the "little black dress." :)


After dessert came, I got the best news of my life. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with me!! Of course I cried.


I love my monkey!!

Today, I feel so blessed to reflect on all the happy memories between November 2007 and November 2010. These 3 years have not been without challenge, but have shaped me and changed me in ways that I could have never dreamed of.

Ian is the most kind, patient, loving and dashingly handsome man I could ever have hoped to end up with as the love of my life.

To many more "Novembers" together my darling. I LOVE YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment